Christmas Aneurysm, courtesy of Japan!
Santa San-San-San x1,000
and DANCE ROUTINE!
There’s a lot you can say about today’s announcement that former Miss Universe contestant Gal Gadot will be playing Wonder Woman in 2015’s Superman/Batman movie. For instance, you could say:
"Gee, if Wonder Woman is the ‘female lead’, why isn’t this movie just called Justice League?”
"You’d think for an Amazon warrior, they’d go for someone who was more ‘Sarah Connor’ and less ‘Miss Universe’ (although Diana has always been fond of world peace)."
You could even say:
"How on earth is this D-List Fast & Furious actress going to headline a Wonder Woman movie? Even Henry Cavill had a decent resume (Woody Allen, check!).”
Instead, I will just say that I think Tina Fey should have been cast as Wonder Woman because she is a real life Greek Goddess.
- Tonia Sotiropoulou: She was in Skyfall. Limited back catalog, but damn she sure looks like Diana.
- Gina Carano: Also a questionable actress, but actually Amazonian.
- Marina & The Diamonds: A Greek woman who has rocked an American flag outfit before.
- Jennifer Lawrence: Because Hunger Games.
- Charlize Theron: Because wasted opportunity.
This mash-up of Janet Jackson's Nasty and Rhythm Nation is without a doubt the best performance on Glee in quite a while.
The Best Bits:
- Jacob Artist’s dancing.
- When Bree (who is now a three-dimensional character!) smacks Jake in the face.
- Jake’s abs.
- Marley’s mad face/boob shake moment. Who knew she had it in her?
- The entire Rhythm Nation segment. I love it when they recreate music videos on more than a shoestring budget.
- "Baby-faced mocha teen boy, arise!"
Combined with the fact that these last few episodes have been quite good, dare I say that Glee is back?
Lily Allen - Hard Out Here
I see what she’s doing, but wouldn’t this video have been far more powerful if it had featured men shaking their bare asses rather than women?
Does anyone find this empowering?